New tools to try at Ancestry (but just remember they are currently in Beta, so you may not have them yet).
1. Click on Discover Your DNA Story
2. Click on Ethnicity estimate
3. Scroll down and you will find a new feature to Compare with matches. Note this is in Beta and you may not have it yet. Click on Compare my DNA.
4. Now you can compare your DNA Ethnicity estimates with other kits shared with you and/or those in your match list.
5. Click on DNA communities
6. Now you can compare your DNA communities. There was an option to jump straight to this table from the DNA Story, just scroll down to the bottom of your communities.
7. Going back to my Ethnicity estimates screen.
8. On both screens you have the option to add a DNA kit shared with you or one that you match too by clicking on Add someone.
9. Enter the name of the match that you want to compare
10. Click on Search. Note you can add up to 10 people.
11. Select the person you want to add, by ticking the box on the left hand side.
12. Click on Save at the bottom of the panel.
13. Click on the thee dots at the top of the match for a dropdown menu.
14. Here you have the option to View Match or Remove the match from comparison.
If you have unique ethnicities or communities then this tool may help you with working out where some of your DNA matches come from. Of course you need to know where that piece of you came from first.
As always if you need some help with your DNA...
PS. I'm playing with a new tool (Tango) to take screenshots.